Terrence J. O’Toole, Jr.
Terry brings to his work a unique set of skills that have been developed along a dynamic career path. His practice is focused on general liability defense including transportation law, insurance defense, personal injury, and premises liability in addition to working within the healthcare and employment practice areas. He works with an array of clients ranging from long-term care administrators, to claims managers, to healthcare providers and has experience in all aspects of case preparation, discovery and trial.
Prior to joining WVS, Terry served as a patrol officer and investigator with the University City Police Department for nearly six years. After graduating from law school in 2008, he served as an assistant prosecuting attorney in St. Louis City and Kansas City, Missouri, trying over thirty cases to verdict and being honored as the Jackson County Prosecuting Attorney of the Year in 2013. Terry’s prior investigative experience and proven success in the courtroom provides him with a unique set of tools that are immeasurably useful in his representation of his clients.
REPRESENTATIVE JURY VERDICTS
- Jury verdict for healthcare client against allegations of premises liability, demand of $350,000
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Named as an “Up & Coming Lawyer” in 2015 by Missouri Lawyers Weekly
- Recipient of 2013 Louis A. Lombardo Prosecuting Attorney of the Year award
- Graduate of the KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy, 2011-12
- Recipient of 2011 Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office award for most cases tried to verdict in the Sex Crimes Unit
- Recipient of 2009 Justice Award from the Circuit Attorney’s Office for outstanding trial results
- Named University City’s, “Police Officer of the Year”, 2003
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- United States District Courts
- Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois