Lisa Larkin has practiced exclusively in litigation and appeals since 1996. Her practice has concentrated in appeals, personal injury defense, medical malpractice defense and business litigation. Before entering law school in 1992, Lisa worked as an Assistant Trade Analyst at the Italian Trade Commission in Chicago.
Lisa has co-authored a chapter of the MoBar Damages CLE book on environmental law and toxic torts. Her litigation experience includes both state and federal courts in Missouri and Illinois, as well as appellate work in the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Missouri Court of Appeals, the Missouri Supreme Court, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, the Illinois Court of Appeals, and the Illinois Supreme Court.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Recipient of the 2017 Missouri Lawyers Award for Influential Appellate Advocates
- Naunheim v. Barnes-Jewish Hospital, 247 S.W.3d 600 (Mo.App. E.D. 2008)
- Brooks v. Laboratory Corp. of America, 226 Fed.Appx.615, 2007 WL 1695149 (8th Cir. (Mo.) 2007)
- Arthur v. National Railroad Passenger Corporation, 224 S.W.3d 68 (Mo.App. E.D. 2007)
- Ashby v. Mine Safety Appliance, et al., –Ill.App.3d–(5th Dist. 2005)
- Hollowood v. St. Luke’s Episcopal – Presbyterian Hospitals, Inc., et al., 162 S.W.3d 109 (Mo.App. E.D. 2005)
- Wakehouse v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., 353 Ill.App.3d 346, 818 N.E.2d 1269, 289 Ill.Dec. 66 (3rd Dist. 2004)
- Dean v. Duckworth, 99 Fed.Appx.760, 2004 WL 878448 (8th Cir. (Mo.) 2004)
- State ex rel. BJC Health System v. Neill, 86 S.W.3d 138 (Mo.App. E.D. 2002)
- Tierney v. Vahle, 304 F.3d 734 (7th Cir.(Ill.) 2002)